Selling My Home in Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Guelph & Surrounding Areas
Thinking of Selling? If you would like a free, no obligation comparative market analysis on your home, please contact me. This will require two steps:
Step 1: Learning about Your Property for Sale
The first will include an appointment for me to view your home. At this appointment, you will take me on a tour of your home outlining all the highlights, and we will go over questions like these:
- What did you like best about this house when you bought it?
- What have you done to improve it (if anything)?
This initial viewing gives me the information I need to go ahead and put together a comparative market analysis for your home.[/column][column col=”1/3″]
Step 2: Home Listings Review with your Real Estate Agent
The second step will include a second meeting where we go over in detail how I, as a real estate agent, came up with the price, commission, how I will market your property, how I will communicate with you during the listing process, etc.
Important questions to ask before you begin the process of selling a home
How do I choose an real estate agent in Kitchener-Waterloo?
- What kind of advertising does the real estate agent do? How much exposure will my house get compared to other homes for sale?
- Are they part of a team? Most good real estate agents will have more than one client on the go at a time. What kind of infrastructure does that real estate agent have in place to ensure that your listing receives the attention it deserves?
- Your own intuition. Does the real estate agent inspire confidence in their ability to sell? How do they come across in person, over the phone? This person is at the front lines of selling your home, it is important that you believe in them.
- Communication. What is their communication plan? What systems do they have in place to ensure efficient communication?
- Is the real estate agent full-time or part-time?
- Ask for references from other clients who have had their homes for sale with the real estate agent.
How do I set the price for selling my home in Kitchener?
- Get more than one quote. See what 2 or 3 different professionals say about the price of your home.
- Have a comparative market analysis done. This document shows how your house compares to recent houses sold and houses for sale in your neighbourhood.
What are the costs involved in selling a home in Kitchener-Waterloo?
- Lawyer’s fees
- Real Estate Agent commissions
- Advertising (this should be covered by the real estate agent).
- Getting your home ready to show. Is there some painting that could be done? De-cluttering? Moving furniture? How much do you want to spend? How much return will you get on your investment?